Coop for goose

keith14

Songster
May 28, 2021
Somewhere On Earth
Hi, i'm planning on building a coop for my goose. It's one of those triangular shaped ones. Any tips on what type of wood I should use. It's not my first time building a coop (second) but the old coop we built got pretty old.

Is there any way you can delay building for a while? I'm only asking because I HAD to build a new coop recently (certainly NOT the one in my avatar) and lumber prices have tripled over the last year. The cost is allegedly coming down, but it hasn't hit the retail level yet.

In order to save a little money, when it came to siding the coop, I bought cedar pickets and chopped off the dog-eared end. They look nice and are fairly weather proof, although I did buy some Thompson Water Seal to help preserve the wood.

Good luck with your build! BTW, love Lucy's pic. Geese are sadly misunderstood by too many people. Mine are a bit hissy but I totally adore them.

What are you calling a triangular coop? Geese are not like chickens when it comes to housing. They are most content to sleep out under the stars. Snow and rain are a bonus. Mine have a 3 sided loafing shed that they mostly use to get out of the sun. When I had a smaller setup, they had XL dogloos but they were only used to lay and brood.

Back
Top Bottom