Coop framed

It's looking great! I can understand about the weather I built mine in Jan brrr LOL. I'm currently building another one and it rained, snowed, got up to 60 degrees all in one week hee hee. At least I know my coops can withstand this crazy weather. What type of chickens are you looking to get?

Yeah my frame work has withstood two rounds of storm systems packing 60 mph winds.I guess that's a good thing.I live in an open field and the wind always seems to be worse here than it maybe just down the road.So far its been rewarding I can't wait to get it finished.Its been all I could do to stay inside and not work on it.

Your coop looks a lot like mine. I built it just before christmas, single digit temps, snow, I did enough to get the chickens out of my pole barn, I'm going to replace the tin on the roof as it leaks. then cover the outside with pallet wood, and add more ventilation and windows. I also have a dog kennel to add as a run, right now they

have about 6-8 feet of run off the side, and under the coop.

I've already found a few things I'd do differently.I wish I had scrounged enough wood to make it a walk in coop but we have lots of gophers so I thought elevating it would help.

Feel free to copy whatever I do although I gotta warn ya this is my first experience with chickens.

I didn't want a walk in I raised it enough so I could put a wheel barrow at the doors and scrape everything into it. I have removable chicken wire covered panels inside so when I open the doors they don't charge out. Also allows me to leave the doors open as the weather gets nice.

Back
Top Bottom