Coop Help Please ...Christmas Present From My DH

Man lots of help -- thanks. i went on the coop contest and just had to stop looking--so overwhelming. i know my DH will give me the best so I just need to sit back and wait for the finished product. I agree with pre-wiring for electricity in case I do want to keep it in one area. DH says I probably wont want to move it once I get it where i want it and start decorating. Great idea about putting the floor material on first (I wondered why so many folks used vinyl flooring). HappyChick love your pictures -- you gave me a good visual. The door size does need to be bigger than 12 x 12. 12 x 18 or 20....

thank you thank you thank you.....

Remember that if you put the linoleum before the stud walls, so that it runs underneath the wall sills, you will have an unpleasant time trying to replace that linoleum (vinyl, whatever) if it gets ripped or cracked or nasty-underneath, as is FAR from impossible. Personally I'd put it on the normal way, after the walls are framed, then use molding (quarter-round, or just 1x2 furring strips) with caulk behind it to seal the junction of floor and wall.

JMHO,

Pat

Quote:
I mentioned this to DH and he informed me that the interior was part of the "decorating" so I will be putting the linoleum myself.....Thanks again--Pat.

Robin

Back
Top Bottom