coop ideas

21_chickens

Songster
Sep 1, 2019
hi everyone!! i have a huge coop and run built for my chickens. i was hoping to add some decorations like signs and plants to make it look nicer. does anyone mind sending pictures of their coop for inspiration or giving me any ideas? thanks!!

hi everyone!! i have a huge coop and run built for my chickens. i was hoping to add some decorations like signs and plants to make it look nicer. does anyone mind sending pictures of their coop for inspiration or giving me any ideas? thanks!!
I went crazy and had a contractor build a huge run off of my 6x10 Amish built coop/run combo. Honestly the birds love it but it has been a challenge to decorate. 20ft of the run is covered in metal roofing so that’s where their food/water/dust bath is. Since the rest is uncovered I have added a blackberry bush and plan to add other fruit bushes (had to focus on the human’s food plants first though lol). I have added signage like “caution - chickens at play” and “keep gate closed no matter what the chickens say”. I’ve also hung a wrought iron hanging basket type planter on the outside and it holds a baby raspberry sprout. Also on the outside are 2 dwarf apple trees, 2 hydrangea bushes and an ever-blooming lilac bush. Once we can get out and about again safely I plan to grow sunflowers and clematis up the wire. Oh, and white Christmas lights were a nice touch too :) i hope this helps....there are some gorgeous coop/runs out there, some simply painted pretty colors or stenciled and some with stained glass inserts. I’m sure you will find your decorating groove as you go along.

I went crazy and had a contractor build a huge run off of my 6x10 Amish built coop/run combo. Honestly the birds love it but it has been a challenge to decorate. 20ft of the run is covered in metal roofing so that’s where their food/water/dust bath is. Since the rest is uncovered I have added a blackberry bush and plan to add other fruit bushes (had to focus on the human’s food plants first though lol). I have added signage like “caution - chickens at play” and “keep gate closed no matter what the chickens say”. I’ve also hung a wrought iron hanging basket type planter on the outside and it holds a baby raspberry sprout. Also on the outside are 2 dwarf apple trees, 2 hydrangea bushes and an ever-blooming lilac bush. Once we can get out and about again safely I plan to grow sunflowers and clematis up the wire. Oh, and white Christmas lights were a nice touch too :) i hope this helps....there are some gorgeous coop/runs out there, some simply painted pretty colors or stenciled and some with stained glass inserts. I’m sure you will find your decorating groove as you go along.
your’s sounds beautiful!!! thanks for the ideas:)

Back
Top Bottom