Coop In Progress- All suggestions welcome! But be NICE! Lol

Nice structure!
It's big, and walk-in, and adding a run will be terrific.
So, however, some other comments coming up. More larger window openings, with hardware cloth, well secured, with fence staples, and then wood strips screwed in over the top.
Secure latches, as in locks of some sort. Raccoons will open those easily.
Roosts need to be at least 12" to 18" away from the walls.
You may have issues with condensation on the underside of that metal roof; there's a thread about that here recently.
Have you predator proofed the underside of the coop? You will have critters living under it, a very bad thing.
A few modifications, and a super nice coop!
Mary

Nice structure!
It's big, and walk-in, and adding a run will be terrific.
So, however, some other comments coming up. More larger window openings, with hardware cloth, well secured, with fence staples, and then wood strips screwed in over the top.
Secure latches, as in locks of some sort. Raccoons will open those easily.
Roosts need to be at least 12" to 18" away from the walls.
You may have issues with condensation on the underside of that metal roof; there's a thread about that here recently.
Have you predator proofed the underside of the coop? You will have critters living under it, a very bad thing.
A few modifications, and a super nice coop!
Mary
Thanks Mary! We added all the windows we will add for now. I will keep an eye and if they need more, will add more. I will definitely figure out a way to move the roosts away from the walls. Also, I'm hoping we will be in the clear for the condensation because the entire top is open. The underside will be proofed as we build the run this weekend! Thanks again for the input!

Looks like you guys did a great job. Do you know approximately how much you guys spent to build it? Also, Did you guys draw up plans or find some online?
Honestly I would have to sit down and calculate it. We could have saved some money if we would have bought some plans. And we really didn’t know what we were doing lol. I do suggest getting some plans for sure. Those type of plans that tell you exactly what materials you need. Also, we didn’t have the time to actually smart shop around for the best deals on lumber. Sucks. BUT. I know now what we would definitely do different. And when we are ready for the next coop..... it’s gonna be a castle lol.

Back
Top Bottom