Coop Interior Help/Thoughts, Please: Sketched ideas on page 2

3-4" is fine, it's to ensure that chicks can get out from as many sides as possible so no one gets trapped under there. I think I had less than 2" on one side this last time, chicks could still squeeze out from there with no problems while very young.

Okay, thank you. I know it's important that everybody be able to pop out from any side (especially considering how warm the ambient temperature is right now) but wasn't sure how much room was necessary for that to happen!

Chicks shipped yesterday! 🐣

Here is the setup. There should be plenty of room all around the plate now, yes? Of course the waterers go in (filled) just prior to my leaving to pick up the birds. I will probably put a few "enrichment" things in as well. In addition to being almost stupid excited. ;)

20200720_201523.jpg
20200720_201546.jpg
20200720_201641.jpg

Looks good. Might want to block off that mini door for the first few days (forgot if you mentioned how old the chicks would be nvm freshly shipped) so they can get their feet under them, just to make sure none of them get "lost" in the other side and struggle to make it back to food and heat.

Back
Top Bottom