coop is almost finished but I just wanted some advice about the roofin

ab333

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 28, 2009
Amherst
What could we use that will not cost an arm and a leg? Are there any places that sell roof shingles individually?

Well, I have a pack and a half of shingles at y house....the pack is brand new...
smile.png
But on a serious note.....if you have aHabitat for Humanity/HabitatReStore nearby check there. They sell inexpensive new and used building material. Check CraigsList, FreeCycle, local paper. If that is not an option, check local HomeDepot, Lowe's etc for returned, opened/damaged shingles. If you don't want to use shingles, Tinroof or corrugated PVC is another option. I don't know about the price of tin but I bought corrugated PVC for (I think...) approx $17 a sheet 4x8

Well our Home Depot sells shingles by the each. bought some for a really small roof last week. only bought 6. I think they are .72 each.

Connie

Quote:
i like tin roof and pvc for roofing or even use the pvc for sides because i think it transfers heat through the roof a little better because it heats it but in the summer it stays cool. also, the pvc lets light through if you need it to. i made a couple skylights on my pen woth tan pvc

Quote:
I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!
when we built our coop we were there constantly!
all the paint and stain came from there and so many other things.
they didn't have shingles when we were looking...
hmm.png

Connie

Back
Top Bottom