Coop is almost finished!

NorthChicken

Songster
6 Years
Jul 9, 2013
Caribou, Maine (almost in Canada!)
Just want to show off the coop my husband has worked so hard on for the past 2 weekends. Still needs a screen door, ramp, roosts, some loam to fill in the bottom of the run and other odds and ends for decorating, but then we are done. We aren't getting chickens until the spring, but now at least I know we won't be scrambling to get it done in the early spring as the chicks grow bigger and bigger every weekend! :) It is hard to tell, but there is ventilation cut in the top of the coop ceiling.

Coop on the river.

Still have to fill in with loam and level, then landscape around it.

Door to get into the coop

Inside the coop, just needs to be painted, roosts installed, and decorations of course!

Front of the coop, waiting for a screen door.

Window and pop door

Very pleased with how it's turning out, can't wait to get the chickens in there! :) Thanks for looking!

Hi Thank for your post. Your coop look like a great design and mine is on a to do list. Right now I have a make shift 5 ft chain link fence coop for now and looking though many designs, we plan on having three dozen hen, right now we have 3 hens and one rooter. One of them is sitting on 8 eggs so we hope to have some chick in about 2/1/2 weeks. Thank again for your post

Very nice coop, and I like to colors. You are smart building before getting your chickens. We "raced the clock" and wound up putting our chickens in before everything was done.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom