Coop is completed (Link to photos included)

The coop looks great! I wish I had painted mine inside.
smile.png

At first, I wasn't going to paint the interior but I changed my mind and decided to prime it only. Then I thought for the sake of esthetics I should paint it. Once I got one coat of white paint on the inside I almost did a second coat because it looked a little blotchy. My husband said that the chicks don't care whether there are two coats of paint on the inside or not, so I decided to forgo it. It was a challenge to paint the interior because of all the nooks and crannies you have to make sure and cover for sealing purposes. I used exterior paint on the inside so the paint would stand up to all that scratching and pecking.
I just went out and sat in the doorway of the coop- I was really still and the chicks came up to me and started pecking at the rivets on my jeans pockets. It looks like they are doing fine but I miss seeing them out on the porch whenever I want
sad.png

Quote:
I will have to ask my husband for the dimensions once he gets home because he is the one who came up with the design "on the fly" as he put it. I'll PM you with the information.

Quote:
YES , just remember if them dogs ever draw blood once , it won't be the last time . be careful
roll.png

In another BYC thread I read about someone using basket muzzles on their dogs so that their poultry would be safe when the dogs are out- I'm going to look into those. I'm not going to leave them unsupervised either whether they have muzzles or not. I've seen how my dogs go crazy over a bird sitting on the fence. Thanks for the advice, I'm not leaving anything to chance.

Back
Top Bottom