Coop is finished:)

Yeah I was pretty excited about it. You should have seen the smile on my face. I didn't make any changes to the ramp or the tarp. I'm expecting my netting this week so as soon as that comes I'll replace the tarp with the netting.

The only thing different was the fact that I hadn't turned on their light in the coop, whereas before I had been doing that before sundown. So they did it even though the light wasn't on. Around here it has been getting down to around and below freezing. So, late at night after we knew osama had been killed, I turned on the coop light and saw that they were all in the coop snuggling together. Now I just need them to roost on the perch, but I was really happy to see them in the coop. I didn't have to get in the run and put them in there. Ohhh, happy day for me!!

I guess that one moment of happiness about my chickens getting into their coop all by themselves without me having to break my back as I bend over for them in the run couldn't last forever...They slept in the run.
sad.png
and didn't make it to their coop last night, but I'm not too worried about it.

I received my netting and will put that up in their run to make it a little bit bigger for them and see if that will motivate them to sleep in their coop.

I haven't yet been able to put my netting up in the run but will this weekend.

Happy News!! All chickens have slept in the coop the past two nights! Yeah, I think they're actually starting to understand.
wee.gif

wee.gif

wee.gif

We kept our food and water in our coop when it was finished. We had to show them a few times how to get in, they knew how to get out. My chickens are out at 8am and now go back in their coop at 8pm every evening. We actually close them in because im afraid an animal will get them and I love my chickens. So we have a little door that slides in and out at the opening. Don't worry your girls will totally get used to going up and down the ramp.

Back
Top Bottom