Coop on a budget for 5 chickens

Great suggestions everyone. I found out yesterday that we can use a bunch of left over lumber from my in-laws! I am checking craigslist frequently, though staying away from it tonight since we are leaving to a camping vaca in the a.m. It would just be sad to find the perfect deal that I couldn't really take advantage of!

ok, been reading your posts and my husband said to tell you about our score!! My mom's subdivison is still building houses--so she drives me by last friday. Two guys were trying to get a piece of equipment hooked up and i asked if I could go thru their trash pile (right on what will be a front yard), they said yes but were not responible for any injuries. i talked my husband into leaving his car, that the poor man is trying to fix before work on monday, we get in my dad's truck, and hit the mother lode!! We have a lot of lumber this n that's sizes but no plywood. We found a huge piece of house wrap, maybe 10X10 or more, lots of door and window sized OSB and general 2X4 by this and that. And there is another house that should be sheathed next week, and yes, my husband said I should go by and see if they will let us prowl though the trash pile. I like saving reuseable stuff from going into the land fill.
cool.png
oh, and if you find any free dog runs, use the chain link to support a smaller sized wire to fit inside, the one i saw the guy bent rebar to fit on top and covered the top with wire as well--Utube. Oh, and wear a hat and gloves, and remember to remove your rings!! I can"t wear my wedding ring for a few days, the skin on the back of my ring finger got mash between my wedding ring and a board. I never felt a thing, then noticed it was swollen after I tried to turn it around straight.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom