Coop pages and member pages tutorial and feedback

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by sumi, Feb 19, 2015.

1. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hey everyone, as many of you know we have educational sections on BYC that we are always updating with good information in the form of members pages submitted by members of our community. These pages can be found in the Learning Center and the Coops section. We often start new contests in an effort to collect even more great pages from our community and decided to put together a quick tutorial to explain exactly what we are looking for and how to go about creating these pages. Please reply to this thread with feedback and questions.

First off, let's look at how to create a member's page. If look at the brown header at the top of your screen, for "Articles"

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 12.03.54.png

Now click on the "Articles" tab, then look for Create Article:

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 11.57.43.png

You will be asked to select a category for your article. For Coop pages, select Coops, for recipes, select Recipes, for member pages, select Member Page. (These options may be different for you guys - I'm in Admin view)

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 11.58.26.png

After selecting the category, proceed to the template where you can create your page. Choose a catchy title for your page, fill the "contents" section with whatever text and images you choose and here is where it gets interesting! Scroll down and check this out:

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 11.59.18.png

When you're ready, Create Article and have it published :)

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    drumstick diva and Notaneggspurt like this.
  2. hokiechickens

hokiechickens New Egg

Feb 14, 2015
    Jackson, Michigan
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. Manyana

Manyana Out Of The Brooder

Mega cute. Your chooks are going to be pretty high class. It'll keep them nice and cosy at night. My girls simply love their coop also. I'll have to take some more photos and post them online.

4. Amherstchicken

Amherstchicken New Egg

Jul 29, 2015
    I built a pallet chicken coop with pallets and spare lumbar. Whole thing cost me $30.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ChicwannaB

ChicwannaB Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Munger, MICHIGAN
    [​IMG]
    A little coop/hut I built some time ago and dubbed Chante Cathedral because of it's shape. I used this as a grow out pen for 6 buff Chantecler I bought from Staceykins

[​IMG]
    There is a small loft up above and I made a ladder for them to get up when they were real young.
    Later when they were bigger I added another perch under it so they could roost up and not be so
    tightly together, for warmer months.
    It has served me well as a grow out pen to keep babies from being picked on and yet let chickens get acquainted before being merged.
    Where there's a woman, there's a way!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. jimbob86

jimbob86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2015
    Nebraska
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Here's my chicken tractor ..... inspired by BirdsinBethel's, but HEAVILY modified......

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. Manyana

Manyana Out Of The Brooder

All of these coops are just so ingenious.

1 person likes this.
  8. ninjawesome

ninjawesome Currently being awesome Premium Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Wild, Wild West
    Great coop ideas! Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  9. Charlean

Charlean Just Hatched

May 1, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by