Guide Coop pages and member pages tutorial and feedback

Pics

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
Hey everyone, as many of you know we have educational sections on BYC that we are always updating with good information in the form of members pages submitted by members of our community. These pages can be found in the Learning Center and the Coops section.

We often start new contests in an effort to collect even more great pages from our community and decided to put together a quick tutorial to explain exactly what we are looking for and how to go about creating these pages. Please reply to this thread with feedback and questions.

First off, let's look at how to create an article. On the brown header at the top of your screen, look for, and click on "Articles". You should see the below:

Art1.JPG

Now click on "New articles", then look for the “Add Article” button:

Art2.JPG

You will be asked to select a category for your article. Click on a category most relevant to your article’s topic.

Art3.JPG

After selecting the category, proceed to the template where you can create your article. Choose a catchy title, fill the "contents" section with your article and associated images:

Art4.JPG

When you're ready to have your article published, click on “Save”! It’s that easy... :)

Art5.JPG

The Learning Center is the section where we put great educational and informative articles on the different aspects of chicken keeping. For this reason we have a list of criteria for articles to be included in that section.

1. Is the article covering an important topic/aspect of poultry keeping? (I.e a brilliant article on chicken names is not necessarily a topic a new chicken owner may find helpful when researching the hobby. The goal of the Learning Center is to make a go-to for people looking for good advice quickly. So, if you would like to write an article for the Learning Center, a good place to start would be to find a topic that we do not have a great article on already.

2. To continue on that note, we need the articles to be accurate, informative, facts checked, information given true, reliable and up-to-date.

3. We all know the saying "a picture is worth a 1000 words" In our Learning Center articles we want at least two, but preferably more good quality photos illustrating the topic(s) covered in the article. If you do not have suitable pics, please do a search on BYC and ask the members if you can use their photos (I have done this a few times and no-one refused me yet). Do not pull photos of the internet and use them without permission!

4. We want the articles to be written in a neat, easy to read and follow format. This include easily readable fonts.

5. We want links at the minimum to relevant forum sections, but ideally also to threads/ other articles on the topic, or topics addressed in the article. For example an article on feeding should have a link to the Feeding & Watering forum section and ideally some to threads on aspects of feeding as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

A little coop/hut I built some time ago and dubbed Chante Cathedral because of it's shape. I used this as a grow out pen for 6 buff Chantecler I bought from Staceykins

There is a small loft up above and I made a ladder for them to get up when they were real young.
Later when they were bigger I added another perch under it so they could roost up and not be so
tightly together, for warmer months.
It has served me well as a grow out pen to keep babies from being picked on and yet let chickens get acquainted before being merged.
Where there's a woman, there's a way!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom