coop picture thread?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by wildfire8, May 28, 2012.

1. wildfire8

wildfire8 In the Brooder

May 23, 2012
    North Idaho
    If we dont have one...cant seem to locate one.....can we start one? I am hungry for inspiration.

2. ImportTheBest

ImportTheBest Songster

May 5, 2012
    Lex, KY
  3. wildfire8

wildfire8 In the Brooder

May 23, 2012
    North Idaho
    yes thats a nice start, thank you. Would still love to see people post their coop pics. :)

4. PeepsAreForMe

PeepsAreForMe Songster

Apr 10, 2012
    Pemberton Borough, NJ
    Here you go! My DH opened one end of the coop and built this Ft.Knox-like protected run for our 5 girls, with doors for easy cleaning. They love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 7 Biddies

7 Biddies Crowing

May 22, 2012
    NE GA Mountains
    My Coop
  6. daniorr1976

daniorr1976 Hatching

May 30, 2012
    We just finished our coop and run this weekend. We had the coop colors match the house and the other barns and machine sheds we have on the property.

Back of coop and run.

[​IMG]
    There is a 2' wire apron around the entire run and coop.
    Run sides are 6' tall.

Inside coop (8x8): Roosts 4' off of ground. Coop will be wired for electricity, but right now just an extension cord.

[​IMG]

Nest Boxes: I put padding on the bottom to cushion the eggs and also added straw. Chicks seem pretty happy. You can't see in this picture, but to prevent the chickens from roosting on top of nests, we enclosed the top of the nests and created a storage shelf. Works out well for us.

[​IMG]

Front of the run. Tree inside run for shade. We have a couple big dogs, which in my opinion is the best defense against critters! Plan to put landscape timbers 2' around run then plant some daylilies and fill with river rock.

[​IMG]

7. Tdub4chiks

Tdub4chiks Songster

Jul 8, 2010
    Constantia, NY
    Here's a picture of my "Krapper Koop".

[​IMG]

8. Rhoise

Rhoise Songster

Apr 26, 2012
    Boise, Idaho
    Here ya go! I looked at a million coops and ideas, there are soooo many!!! People are so creative and love their chickies !! this one fit our small space and yard[​IMG]

Here [​IMG]

9. PenderFarm

PenderFarm In the Brooder

Apr 17, 2012
    SW PA
    Here is ours, still working out bugs. Had to file two of the doors and repaint so they wouldn't stick. Put carpet on the ramp, cause they wouldn't use it. Shingled the roof cause it leaked at the joints even though we caulked.
    [​IMG]
    Notice the tow cable at the top of the a frame.

[​IMG]
    The rope on the left is to open the small inside chicken door.

[​IMG]
    Dishpans for nest boxes so they can be removed and washed. The yellow shelf and frame around nest boxes can be removed to clean out the coop.
    Dh tweeked my plans making it bigger, so we need now the lawn mower to move it around the yard.

10. TinTennessee

TinTennessee Songster

Mar 25, 2012
    Springfield , TN.
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: