Coop Plan Progress

enggass

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 8, 2010
Mid-Coast Maine
The easiest place for human access would be the side opposite the roost pole. Don't forget bedding depth when designing the chicken entrance.

I'd either put a gutter along the bottom edge of the roof, or create a deeper rear overhang to kick the water off the wall a bit (preferred). It'll make a big difference to the lifespan of your rear-wall materials.

like your software - and your interior design makes good use of space for your chickens.
wink.png

pkeeler: good point about the bedding depth. 1) How is that handled when people have the floor entrance? and 2) How deep should my bedding depth be? Pine shavings/chips/hay/sand?

Celtic Hill: If you look closely the wall behind the boxes is open. I will ad a flip up door/hatch for access.

Joz: The angle of the pic is deceiving. The overhang on the back is currently 12"(1 foot). Should I make it even more?

kichohana: Software - Luxology modo http://www.luxology.com

What about windows? A lot? A little? Near the nest? Near the roost? Both?

Thanks for all of your input.
Steve

Here are a couple of pics of mine. Im not finished yet but thought it might give you some ideas being they are similar. I have the roof on mine now I used the tufftex building panels. Ill try to post some pics later.

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

I will post the pics tommorow. I have since added the roof and also the pop door. The pop door is cut out of the swinging doors in the run. The front wall is 8 feet and the back 7. Noticed I built the nesting boxes on the outside to give more space on the inside. I still have paint and the inside of the coop to complete.

Cool. I look forward to seeing them. My wall heights are the same. I may put the pop into my access doors as you have, or from underneath if I can think of an effective way. How long has it taken you to build this?

Back
Top Bottom