Coop rebuild!! Watch the vision come to life! :)

RIRJen

Songster
11 Years
Mar 7, 2008
So I got this rundown rotting coop from a friend. It was also an ugly shade of mint-barf-green lol Watch....as the transformation happens! Any tips on how to make it more awesome are appreciated!!
wee.gif

The original look....just because something is ugly doesn't mean it doesn't have potential! (that's what I told my husband the whole time we were bringing it home!
gig.gif

So right away it "HAD TO BE PAINTED"

And then there was the roof....oh boy! I managed to NOT fall through but we couldn't get the old roof completely off because the nails they used didn't have big head and they were crappy nails that wouldn't come out...so we set the new roof on top of the old roof. I figure the old one is "insulation lol In this picture we're getting the roof on. Because it was blazing hot we did not get the tar-paper and shingles on yet.

we got the roof on (minus the shingles) and started working on the outside wall... here it is with the window framed out. (will be painted of course)

And the floor...oh where to begin!
th.gif
it was rotted...and that's an understatement LOL Walking on it you were sure to fall through. We threw that green board down so we could walk around and do measurements of what we needed to replace it.

And then here's the after picture of the floor! Sorry it's a bit dark. We still need to divide it up into 2 coops on the inside. This is going to be my chick and silkie coop.

So that's it for now! I'm hoping to get back out there today and get some more done! I'll take more before and after pictures as we go! Like I said if you have any input or suggestions they are appreciated!

here's a before and after side by side....but we're still not done so keep watching!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom