Coop roosts (Please Post your pics)

Quote:
Wow. That is a good looking coop!
Nice and clean too (I'm a big fan of clean coops).

Thanks! It's mostly made from pallets and leftover wood from other projects. We had a lot of fun building it
big_smile.png

Here is mine that is covered with an old pool liner that was out at someone's trash. I also covered the 2x4 board before I moved in the chickens. I really like the pool liner, easy to clean and disinfect if necessary and best of all - FREE.

19064_inside.jpg

Here's ours. Our coop is 6x8. The roost was actually painted after this, but this gives you a general idea. It's been in use for 9 months now and working great! We used an old countertop for our poop board, works like a charm and easy to clean!

DSCN1785.jpg

here's another view
mms_picture4-1.jpg

Thank you, hokankai, for posting your pic.

My setup is similar to yours, although I do not yet have a poop board.

I'm glad I saw your pics; it gives me ideas on how to install my board should I decide to in the future.

smile.png

36033_roost.jpg

branches I can put up, keep for a bit and change out when I need too, so far these have been up 2yrs and doing good....

36033_roosting.jpg

the branches sit right behind the vent that goes all across the front of the coop, so they can also see out into the yard and look at everything and get a good breeze

36033_dsc_0398.jpg

we had built a ladder type roost and they never liked it, it was towards the back of the coop, for protection against any winds, winter or rain....but they use the branches instead

Here is mine, untested as of yet.
wink.png

roosts4-300x225.jpg

Hinged for easy cleaning:
roosts5-300x225.jpg

We'll be adding a lip to the poop board and eventually possibly putting linoleum down over it. For now, we'll use sand under the roosts.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom