1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coop & Run are almost done! (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Picky Chicky, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    I usually leave the construction projects to DH, but this weekend I was SO excited about getting the coop and run ready for our new chickens (that we'll hopefully find at the Farmville event on the 18th) that I helped him with putting it together.

I can't recall who on the forum mentioned that she and her kids used the sticky linoleum squares to line her coop, but I stole her idea and at the moment (pre-chicken poop) it looks really neat!

Anyways... enjoy!

Before the run...
    [​IMG]

Laminated the coop floor - at least it looks nice at the moment... pre-poop.
    [​IMG]

Construction of the run...
    [​IMG]

I'll update with after pictures when we get there. Unfortunately DH and I can't really do anything until Thursday at the soonest - depending on the weather.

Thanks for looking!

2. newchickmom

newchickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Nice coop! Very pretty inside! And outside!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  3. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

AVandrie, Nice design, really like the nest box set up to...Nice puppy dog there as well...

Charlie

4. mylittlehof

mylittlehof Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    wow - very nice - ur girls will be happy there! [​IMG]

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Thats a great coop [​IMG] Did you and hubby build it or buy it? Maybe you posted about it before, but i missed it. I love the floor, it looks great.

6. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Looks Great [​IMG]

7. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Can I ask a stupid question? What is the mesh on the bench? Now a comment...can I rent it first, this coop looks better then my house- ha ha ha. Seriously, Nice job. I hope you enter this in one of the contests that they have.

8. Picky Chicky

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Quote:We cheated and bought the coop. It was stupid-expensive, but DH didn't have enough time to build it before I planned on bringing in my girls. The run on the other hand of course was us - slightly lopsided and all. [​IMG]

9. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:We cheated and bought the coop. It was stupid-expensive, but DH didn't have enough time to build it before I planned on bringing in my girls. The run on the other hand of course was us - slightly lopsided and all. [​IMG]

The girls don't care, that is the best thing about our feathered friends...it can look like [email protected] and they are happy!

10. Picky Chicky

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Quote:Not a stupid question at all as I'm not entirely certain, but I think it was meant to be the roost. The mesh is a sturdy wire that's thickly coated in some black stuff. Real technical huh? [​IMG]

I was shocked at how fun the flooring came out. Of course it looks great now, but once the girls have their way with it - there will be poop-covered pine shavings all over it. I'm just hoping it'll help come coop-cleanup-time.

Thanks so much for the kind words!! Since I bought the coop I'm not sure I'll enter it into a contest - doesn't seem very fair for those who built their coops. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by