Coop/Run space and design help

WOW you all banged that out fast. Nice work and the ladies seem to like it. Looks a lot brighter in these latest pics as well. Good job!

Thanks!! It was a lot of work and fun to put it together. I can't take too much credit, the men did most of the work. The girls seem to have plenty of room, which I was worried about. We still need to build a new gate, but the old one works for now.

That looks pretty good!

Only problem I see is if you have to access the sides of coop....you can't.

Did they built it in place or move it there when done building?

That looks pretty good!

Only problem I see is if you have to access the sides of coop....you can't.

Did they built it in place or move it there when done building?

We built it in sections outside then moved it in attaching the sides one at a time. The sides don't have any opening except hc covered windows. Based on the space we have, we thought this would give them the most room. With both the people and chicken door in front I'm not sure why I would need to get to the sides...

my coop is approx 4.5 ft x 5.4 ft to maximize space i am using 5-gallon buckets stuck through the wall for nesting boxes, am going to before next winter liquid nail pine bark and a thin pice of log end to the buckets for insulation and make it look like four logs sticking out the front of the coop, but until then it adds lots of extra light in so may leave some of the bucket exposed -will see what happens with temps. for feeder using the 5gallon bucket with the 90 pvc elbow - really keeps food off the floor. we had 6foot chainlink so added nylon poultry net for a top and wil be adding 1inch wire mesh to bottom 2 foot of chainlink to keep chicken heads in the pen. we also added a teepee jungle gym in the run to give the tree climbing fun!

Back
Top Bottom