Coop Space?

I didn't mean a very tall ladder, i just meant something to give them to roost on so they can spread out. 4 ft tall is fine if they have several places to roost if you're getting fifty chickens. I was just mentioning more room so your birds don't fight and are healthy if they are going to be your food. :)

19, just get 10 to15 RR or what ever the best local hardy chicken is in your area (don't know where you are at). If this is your first redeo (which by your questions it seems to be) don't go big. Your wallet will suffer along with the fowl.

I have seen cornish x free-ranged successfully here on BYC. Wish I could remember where to find the link for you. The owner fed them twice a day, morning and evening and they free-ranged all day. It looked like they had a nice large grass area and a bit of forest to range in. I'm pretty sure she still fed them the recommended amount though.
Edited to add the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-your-cornish-x-meaties-tractors-do-not-count

I think the OP did an article on her experinece that I saw after she was finished but I can't find that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom