Coop started today!!

shesell

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Deland, FL
I am so excited! My guys got the chicken coop started today!! My babies are excited, too, or they will be when they get into it. They are now six weeks old and are outgrowing their holding pen. They are all happy and healthy, thank goodness. Their chicken condo will be 8x8x10' with a 20x 30' run. We have picked up all of the wood as castoffs and seconds which is why it took an extra couple of weeks but, the price is right. We also got the doors and windows from our local Habitat for Humanity thrift store. How's that for recycling? I plan to let them roam outside the run when I'm outside but we are out in the sticks and there are lots of critters that think my babies would taste good so the run is essential. We have black bears who visit and we just saw a coyote (that was a first and I've lived here all my life) which are nocturnal but there are bobcats, raccoons and opossums, oh my.
I will post some pics tomorrow!!
YEAH!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Yea, new coop in progress...with pics? hope so. Tell your workers to hurry cause at six weeks they are ready to go. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom