Coop styles for small yards

I need to get an updated picture of the coop, I didn't realize until just looking that it was the picture of entirely white. I painted the top beam a nice dark purple as kind of a tribute to my mom. She passed away last year at the age of 52 after battling cancer three times in her life between the ages of 34 and 52. Purple was her favorite color so all the sudden variations of purple have been showing up a lot. I added some purple to the coop and the colors company I just created are shades of purple.

That looks great. How many chickens are you keeping in there? I think I have too many sheds, greenhouses and garden beds on my little plot.

I live in the city and have a very small yard. I have the "playhouse coop". It is painted in bright colors with flower boxes and looks very nice. I also, like the fact that I can stand inside of it to clean it. Sorry, I don't know how to post pictures.

Mary

You have to click on the uploads tab then you can add pictures and use the Img button to post them, or copy the entire image name from the uploads section. I hope that makes sense because I would love to see the pictures.

I built a coop and run over an existing raised garden bed in my yard, I had too much garden to look after as it was. The coop is 4x5, and the run is roughly 5x12. I have 5 ladies living in there.
89894_img_2898.jpg

89894_img_2901.jpg

That looks very nice. I just don't think I could bring myself to give up any garden area, in fact I'm taking a piece that is visible from the road that really didn't have anything done with it and I'm making it a place for berries and melons. I wouldn't want to put a permanent coop there anyways, there are a lot of small children in there area and my yard isn't the most child friendly with lots of cacti, etc so I don't want to get in trouble for kids coming to look at my chickens and running into a cacti or hurting themselves on the various objects that I tend to hurt myself on.

This is what my brother built me. It used to be a structure that housed 3 trash cans and was open on the front. We repurposed it into a coop for 3 hens (currently housing 4 bantams but they are set to move to my mother in laws soon). We used all leftover and recycled material so the cost was FREE
lol.png
The only thing I am going to change is to get some hardware cloth for the openings as I was told the chicken wire isn't critter proof. Kim
82373_005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom