coop substrate

If the only questions asked were questions that had never been asked this forum would dry up and die really quickly. I don’t want anyone to ever be afraid of asking a question. Besides those are often the easy ones to answer. The different ones can be challenging.

Especially when you first start out on this forum, you don’t know the right questions to ask or how to search for them. The Search function on this forum is not real easy to use, especially of you don’t know what words to use or how to phrase or limit the search. Research is great and I strongly encourage it, but some people are just not built that way.

It can be tricky navigating this forum, especially for someone new. I don’t always notice that a post is in the quail section, turkey, or somewhere else and assume it is about chickens. Some of my posts are not relevant. I don’t always notice when a thread was started and I’ve been around a while. Think how difficult that is for someone new here. Usually when an old thread is reopened that means they have been doing research.

We are all unique and we all have to start from somewhere. I kind of like the way this forum functions.

I don't think your comments were critical, just an observation which is valid.

exactly, my post wasn't critical at all, so don't read too much into it, as I think you did, just an observation. I even admitted I'm guilty myself of not checking the date on a thread, I responded to that 6 year old thread too.

I do agree that the search function doesn't always give me what I thought it would, nor what I was exactly looking for

I'd never want anyone to be afraid to ask a question, I've even said on here, multiple times in multiple threads that are no dumb questions. I merely made a statement about how it amuses me that some people won't check to see if a question has been asked while some will go back and open up threads that are years old. Just me making a statement about something that amazes and amuses me.

Perhaps I should just keep my opinions and thoughts to myself. But then, if everyone did that, the forum would dry up and die......

I know this post is super old but it pertains to me now so I'll see if this works.

This will be my first summer with chickens. I see all the shavings comments which is what I'm currently using, but I've read elsewhere people have used sand. Thoughts? I have fine construction sand in our basement from the kids winter sandbox and would like to use that instead of tossing it. It would get me thru a couple months without bedding cost!

Back
Top Bottom