Coop Windows

Like this?

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

I put 1/4 in. mesh down before the plywood.And then used a table saw to cut the groove in the middle of the trim board for the plexiglass to slide in.Used the same for the one that slid open but put a couple screws in the back to hold the plexiglas.Hence a sliding window.

The plastic is about the same thickness as the saw blade.

could u make a cut on the thin side of a 2x4 about a 1/2" in that the plexi glass could slide in.. like a track,. do this to two 2x4's and a solid one on the bottom to prevent the plex from falling down.

you might have to make the cut twice to make it a little wider.,., so the plex will slide more easily.

Quote:
That's exactly what I was thinking I wanted to do, but couldn't think of how to put the groove in for the plexiglass to slide. Thanks! And thanks to everyone for the great pics!

Hi!

We put 3 windows in the coop. The window that faces S does not open. The way that the coop is situated, the SE window gets the most sun and is the biggest window. It is a double-hung with a hardward cloth framed "door" over it that opens on the inside. (Will attach pics). The vents and the windows work great and we have had no problems with anything. The west window looks into the covered part of the run. It is shaded by the tin roof--som, we can open it even in the rain!
smile.png

Good luck! We are having so much fun with our now almost 8 week old chicks!!

Lisa

IMG_1323-1.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

Back
Top Bottom