coop with a old swingset as a frame?

mom wewantchicks!

Songster
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
buckhannon,wv
didnt i see a cop that was made by using an old swingset as a frame? we are finally into our new house and have a metal swingset that will be replaced in the spring. im thinking why let it go to waste??

I think I have either read about it or have seen one somewhere; but I think it was a wooden A frame type.
2269539400_94e3c1e3c7.jpg

I wouldn't let it go to waste. People use PVC piping to build a frame & so if you've got one that's metal I'd think it would hold up real well... What a great idea! I just love it.!

Heard of this also and it sounds great! One could even put some wheels in the legs and have a mobile coop/tractor. I've always wanted to make a small green house using an old swingset as a frame, but never got around to it. Good luck and post pics!
smile.png

lol.png
I cannot believe you asked this! I was just driving by a place a couple of days ago and there was an old swingset frame with vines growing all over it and all I could see was a chicken coop. I think that would be a great way to start a coop!
lol.png

~Rebecca

needmorechickens! :

lol.png
I cannot believe you asked this! I was just driving by a place a couple of days ago and there was an old swingset frame with vines growing all over it and all I could see was a chicken coop. I think that would be a great way to start a coop!
lol.png

~Rebecca

Isn't it funny how we all look at stuff that way now? I mean *ANY* left over piece of building material & I'm thinking "wow that would make great screening, windows for a coops, frame, etc. etc. LOL People seem to be getting rid of a LOT of different kinds of swing sets too & some have those club house type square things as part of the top that attaches other piecs to the set & all I can think is "wow there's a completed frame & some walls & doors/windows & you'd got a coop". LOL every time I say this out loud to hubby he'll say "yeeeaaaaa but we already have a coop." & I'll say "yea I know but it would be nice to have maybe another small one in the corner of the garden ya know?" & then I get *that look* I'm sure many here know. LOL​

Back
Top Bottom