coop with a old swingset as a frame?

mom wewantchicks!

Songster
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
buckhannon,wv
didnt i see a cop that was made by using an old swingset as a frame? we are finally into our new house and have a metal swingset that will be replaced in the spring. im thinking why let it go to waste??

krjwaj

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Apex, NC
I think I have either read about it or have seen one somewhere; but I think it was a wooden A frame type.

Mom2Cool

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
I wouldn't let it go to waste. People use PVC piping to build a frame & so if you've got one that's metal I'd think it would hold up real well... What a great idea! I just love it.!

Beekissed

Free Ranging
12 Years
Feb 14, 2008
This world is not my home.
Heard of this also and it sounds great! One could even put some wheels in the legs and have a mobile coop/tractor. I've always wanted to make a small green house using an old swingset as a frame, but never got around to it. Good luck and post pics!

needmorechickens!

Songster
11 Years
Jul 2, 2008
West TN
I cannot believe you asked this! I was just driving by a place a couple of days ago and there was an old swingset frame with vines growing all over it and all I could see was a chicken coop. I think that would be a great way to start a coop!

~Rebecca

Mom2Cool

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
needmorechickens! :

I cannot believe you asked this! I was just driving by a place a couple of days ago and there was an old swingset frame with vines growing all over it and all I could see was a chicken coop. I think that would be a great way to start a coop!

~Rebecca

Isn't it funny how we all look at stuff that way now? I mean *ANY* left over piece of building material & I'm thinking "wow that would make great screening, windows for a coops, frame, etc. etc. LOL People seem to be getting rid of a LOT of different kinds of swing sets too & some have those club house type square things as part of the top that attaches other piecs to the set & all I can think is "wow there's a completed frame & some walls & doors/windows & you'd got a coop". LOL every time I say this out loud to hubby he'll say "yeeeaaaaa but we already have a coop." & I'll say "yea I know but it would be nice to have maybe another small one in the corner of the garden ya know?" & then I get *that look* I'm sure many here know. LOL​

Top Bottom