Coop with the ROOST shelf inside with PDZ in it?

RoseMarie1

Songster
7 Years
Mar 31, 2013
Hattiesburg,Ms.
My Coop
My Coop
I was reading a couple nights ago about roost and saw someone that had a really cute coop an Amish built one I believe and they had a poop shelf in it. Trying to find it now and can't remember if it was on here or not.
Thought it might ring a bell with some of you and you can help me find it.

ALSO another question I also saw where someone did individual nesting boxes so when her BA went broody she could move it in the night time. Can't find that one either. Wanted to ask her some questions about the boxes and does this help the other BA's not to go broody? Does this sound firmilar to anyone?

opps I just found ONE of them......
I sure am considering doing my roost like this now since I am having some trouble with my chicks on their roost. I don't think they like it very well. ;-) I like this idea and have a bad back and this would be no bending for me. Hubby might not be happy so I might need to let him attend the poop scooping for about a week and then he'll see WHY. lol

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/621363/poop-board-convert-warning-graphic-gross-poop-pictures

Due to limited height in my coop I was forced to place my poop shelf or board only 3½ inches (width of a 2x4) from my roost.

It turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Every time a hen lays an egg through the night it saves the day by catching the eggs unharmed (outside of maybe a bit of poop on the shell).

Last edited:
The removable nest box idea is so that if they go broody they can be easily removed w/o disturbing the mom. If she didnt want the other BAs to go broody she wouldn't move at night
wink.png
(just chicken language, LOL)
duh didn't think about that one. ;-) thanx!

Back
Top Bottom