Coopaminium

Quote:
The mildew is on the metal outside, not inside the building. The 2 full size windows, and the door window are fully functional and screened. That should provide adequate ventillation inside. If not we will use the fan on the air conditioner.
wink.png

The mildew is on the metal outside, not inside the building. The 2 full size windows, and the door window are fully functional and screened. That should provide adequate ventillation inside. If not we will use the fan on the air conditioner.

Mildew, mold, fungus - they all are signs of the micro-environment at work. The green algae outside, 'mildew', is a pretty sure sign they are all a part of your locale.

Add the fact that no matter how vigilant we are about cleaning, the fact remains that chickens live among their own feces and dust to some degree. Combine these with moisture, airborne spores, marginal ventilation and the risks for respiratory ailments go up pretty sharply.

Chicken housing that is too close (poorly ventilated) is a likely cause of many unrecognized problems along these lines. The main prevention for these things is fresh air, and plenty of it. There is rarely enough in the average coop, if many of the coops I see here are an indication.

Forgive me my concerns and this tangent into Chicken Health 101. You know me - Mr Ventilation.
That shed oughta be a dandy.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we finally got the building moved. Still a lot of work to do, cutting the opening for chicken entry/exit, electric wire to be run, internal roosts and nesting boxes to build, etc etc. Here it is right now.

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IM000825.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom