Coop's Almost Done!!!

Janski

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 9, 2012
Attleboro, MA
so.... we've been working on the coop for severeal weeks... on and off.... Here's the inside (above viewing the coop door, below viewing the opposite wall). You can see the red roof of the nesting boxes in that one.

... and this is my DH (Dave) AKA my chicken coop engineer!!! Today, in the mist and drizzle, we worked on getting the run walls up. Nearly done! The girls have to be in the coop in the next 2 weeks (getting to big to be "cooped up" in their enlarged brooder!

Dave is standing on the base of stone dust... which we'll be adding to, probably up to the top of the first ground post. On top of that, we have construction sand which will be our topcoat. I have two uprooted stumps that we'll place in there for perching purposes, and I'll be adding some sort of trough to put in "chicken salad" cuttings and weeds they'll like to munch on.

The run sits on the edge of swampy land.... so no grass will grow in there. I'll be rotating pots of plants in there.

Now.... the coop is RE-Done, Updated
thumbsup.gif

Now we have poop boards (!!!), expanded the back endof the coop.
Added a couple of windows for natural light and ventilation.
And added "chicken jail" under one side of our poop boards, in this case to safely integrate our young pullets into the flock.
Later, this can be used to isolate a sick chicken or a broody chicken... or I can keep it open and use the space when no one needs isolation.

I Love it... hubby and I did an awesome job, if I say so myself.
It's SOOO much more user-friendly and easier to clean

Have a good night!

Back
Top Bottom