coops and runs

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by aldenpepper, Oct 13, 2013.

1. aldenpepper

aldenpepper Just Hatched

Oct 13, 2013
    Where do most people buy their coops? We would like one that is reassembled and sturdy and with a run. Thank you.

2. jetdog

jetdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Most people build their own but try tractor supply or a similar store maybe you can order one through them.

3. MoonShadows

MoonShadows The Jam Man

Jan 23, 2013
    Pocono Mtns
    My Coop
    Make sure to do your due diligence before you lay down your money. Some of these store bought coops look great in a catalog or on the internet, but are flimsy and poorly made, and often smaller dimensions then stated. If you find one you like online, try to find a store that carries it so you can look at it before buying.

4. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

Try looking at lowes, they have sheds prebuilt that make good coops and dog kennels for runs. The online ones are mostly flimsy and small.
    Welcome and enjoy!
    Steve[​IMG]

5. Cknldy

Cknldy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2012
    Appalachian mtns
    Mind the amount of birds suggested for pre-made coops too. TS has one for almost $200 that says good for 6 chickens but it is small and will get messy fast with more than 3 chickens in my opinion. When you are looking at buying imagine cleaning it out. Will it be easy to reach into the back to scoop, etc? If it is low to the ground and you are tall will you be able to easily get to your chickens? Just a few questions I've learned to ask myself:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by