Coops from Crates

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Mattemma, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I don't know why I torture myself with craigs free stuff like the pallets,campers,and free wood.

I saw these pictures and all I could think of was what could be made from them! If only I could talk dh into renting a truck.Dh said he might go look for a pick up at the auction,but for these you need something BIG.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    I do the same thing, I think my poor dad is starting to cringe whenever I ask him if I can borrow his truck or have his help picking something up.

If I saw those I'd hire a tow truck with a wrecker bed, or a U-Haul.

I'm just as bad as you are!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  3. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    My husband is thankful we no longer have an SUV, but dreading the day we own a truck. As an antique dealer I go all over creation following leads to pick up stuff and now with having chickens my creative juices are flowing. Truly it's a bad combination. Hey, those crates bolted together could make a cute moveable tractor for secure free ranging time. Or, you could put six stacked to make a whole house. Ooh, I'd love to find something like these. Ha ha

4. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    Quote:We do have an SUV and I know EXACTLY how big an item I can carry in it. I also keep a tape measure in my glove box in case I need to check something to see if it will fit, and rope in the back if it won't fit inside and needs to be strapped to the roof rack. [​IMG]

I brake for free piles on the side of the road. [​IMG]

5. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by