Cop and Run Completed

frjeff

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 1, 2011
Northern Michigan
Picking up my 50/50 mix of heritage RIR and Barred Ply. Rocks on June 11. They'll be 10-12 weeks old at that date. Six total birds. Anxious!

Coop and run are ready.

Coop is 4'x8' and 7' high, built inside a corner of a lean-to attached to the back of my man cave. Two nesting boxes outside a wall, two windows and 9 sq. ft. of ventilation on outside wall.

Run is 12'x6' with metal roofing. Welded wire fencing with 3' of hardware cloth on lower portion of welded wire. Coop floor is solid hardware cloth covered with 3" limestone gravel and 3" of contractor sand. Exterior perimeter of coop also has a 3' barrier of hardware cloth buried. I believe I am predator proof.

Here's a few pics:

Picking up my 50/50 mix of heritage RIR and Barred Ply. Rocks on June 11. They'll be 10-12 weeks old at that date. Six total birds. Anxious!

Coop and run are ready.

Coop is 4'x8' and 7' high, built inside a corner of a lean-to attached to the back of my man cave. Two nesting boxes outside a wall, two windows and 9 sq. ft. of ventilation on outside wall.

Run is 12'x6' with metal roofing. Welded wire fencing with 3' of hardware cloth on lower portion of welded wire. Coop floor is solid hardware cloth covered with 3" limestone gravel and 3" of contractor sand. Exterior perimeter of coop also has a 3' barrier of hardware cloth buried. I believe I am predator proof.

Wow! Very nice and looks rock solid and bomb proof! You will be happy with the RIR and Rocks. I have both and they are good layers. My Rock Rooster is a bit of a bully with another rooster but still a good breed.

Nice set-up, great run! best of luck with the new flock.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom