Copper Maran chick not growing?

Hopefully it's just a cockerel. Here's my slower feathering BCM roo at about 3 weeks, give or take. I can't recall what his tail looked like but I know it took longer to grow in than the other four chicks. Here's how he looks today. His tail is still growing in at 20 weeks old. He had 2 long feathers come in right away like a cowlick but they molted. 20180325_123600.jpg 20180724_153757.jpg

My BCM grew just like this! She was 1/3 the size of her flock mates and I was so concerned she wouldn’t make it, but I just kept hoping she was just a runt. Sure enough she finally started growing around 7 weeks!!

3E85BEB0-B793-4383-8092-F6C15675B673.jpeg

The bottom picture was Chicken Little (aptly named) at 6 weeks and the top was her at 7 weeks, seriously.

Now she is almost caught up with my Splash Ameraucana who is on the smaller side. I’d say if she is eating, drinking, pooping, and keeping up with the others then she should grow just fine.

Last edited:
My BCM grew just like this! She was 1/3 the size of her flock mates and I was so concerned she wouldn’t make it, but I just kept hoping she was just a runt. Sure enough she finally started growing around 7 weeks!!

View attachment 1480818
The bottom picture was Chicken Little (aptly named) at 6 weeks and the top was her at 7 weeks, seriously.

Now she is almost caught up with my Splash Ameraucana who is on the smaller side. I’d say if she is eating, drinking, pooping, and keeping up with the others then she should grow just fine.
That is just what mine looked like!! I like your name for her better than mine, she's 'Shorts' :idunno.

Back
Top Bottom