Copperheads are out

I'm glad that nobody was bit!! We have seen several Michigan rattle snakes in our yard as well as several other types of snakes. Yikes!!! Snakes are the only fear i have.

Quote:
red on black friend of jack red on yellow kill a fellow i think thats the saying course they'll all kill chickens. we killed a 5ft rattler last night

I saw just one copperhead last year and I let him be. Saw quite a few black snakes last year though but only after rain. Rain brings out snakes for some reason.

From the pictures you posted he looked more like a copperhead. The only two kind of snakes that are ok, are garden and black. But I don't really like no kind afther last year. My dad was riding the atv and I was running down the road in the ditch (Which was dumb). Somthing bit and they took me back on the atv. When we got home there were to fang marks on my foot. My mom and dad said that it was a dead bite.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could have been an eastern milk snake, they look a lot like copper heads, and different milk snakes look like king snakes!
When scared they will strike, and bite. I once was walking in the woods and crossed paths with a young one and it struck me shoe! We found a little one and my husband went to move it and he got bit, we didn't want our cat to get it. So now we just try to leave them be. They are neat to watch, but snakes really creep me out, and I hate when they catch me off guard!
Brenda

Back
Top Bottom