Corid (amprolium) Dosage for chickens?

When treating coccidisosis in my own birds I use the 0.024% severe outbreak dose for 5 days, then the 0.006% amount for 7-14 days. Since I use the liquid, I use 2 teaspoons per gallon for five days, then 1/2 teaspoon for 7-14 days.
Does the 7-14 day prevention dose start immediately after the 5 day treatment dose, or is there supposed to be a break between them?

Welcome to BYC!

What do you want to use it for? I think it only treats bacterial infections of the intestines. If you want to treat coccidiosis you need amprolium (Corid, Amprol, AmproMed, etc), a sulfa drug (Sulmet, SMZ-Med 454, Albon, Di-Methox, etc), or Baycox (toltrazuril).

@michellesherbin
Anyway, the correct Corid dose is:
Treatment20% Powder9.6% Liquid
For 3-5 days1.5 teaspoons per gallon2 teaspoons per gallon
then for 7-14 days1/3 teaspoon per gallon1/2 teaspoon per gallon

When treating coccidisosis in my own birds I use the 0.024% severe outbreak dose for 5 days, then the 0.006% amount for 7-14 days. Since I use the liquid, I use 2 teaspoons per gallon for five days, then 1/2 teaspoon for 7-14 days.

The FDA, FARAD, and the mfg's say this:
"Administer at 0.012% in drinking water as soon as coccidiosis is diagnosed and continue for 3 days to 5 days (in severe outbreaks, give 0.024%); continue with 0.006%
amprolium medicated water for an additional 1 week to 2 weeks. No other source of drinking water should be available to the birds during this time."
Source: http://www.farad.org/vetgram/ProductInfo.asp?byNada=033-165

Percentage20% Powder9.6% Liquid
0.024%1.5 teaspoons per gallon2 teaspoons per gallon
0.012%3/4 teaspoon per gallon1 teaspoon per gallon
0.006%1/3 teaspoon per gallon1/2 teaspoon per gallon
Oh My God! I used 3oz/pint! How did I read that so wrong? Am I overdosing her?

Back
Top Bottom