Corid dosage for mixed flock.

Gibberish

Hatching
Jul 25, 2021
This morning I found some very bloody droppings in my chicks pen. I went ahead and purchased medicated feed for everyone but my ducks just as a small step.
I have a very mixed flock. I have about ten laying hens and two roosters, some bantams and some full heritage breeds. I also have twelve six week old chicks and four seven week old welsh harlequin ducklings. They all have their own areas with their own feed and water but I am wanting to go ahead and treat everyone because they all free range and sometimes end up scratching in the others pens. I’m under the impression the parasite could be everywhere at this point.
I found the medication Corid and am curious if anyone has any good dosage instructions for this sort of situation? None of my birds are looking injured or sick but the poo looked like straight blood so it definitely can’t be anything good. Would it be smart to use Corid as a precaution on the whole flock and monitor for any other issues? Any recommendations on dosage or sources, or are there even online poultry vets for brief consultations?

Dose for powder corid is 1.5 tsp per gallon of water and the dose for liquid corid is 2 tsp per gallon of water. Give this as their only water source and make a fresh batch daily for 5-7 days. Treat the entire flock with the corid water, it won’t hurt the once’s who aren’t displaying symptoms. Don’t give any vitamins/electrolytes during treatment as this will negate the usefulness of the corid.

Thank you! I don’t need to worry about the size, weight or age of the birds? They get the same dosing no matter what?

Thank you! I don’t need to worry about the size, weight or age of the birds? They get the same dosing no matter what?
No you don’t need to worry. Different sized birds drink different amounts of water so that’s how they each get their correct dosage! Age doesn’t matter either, the dosage is the same for chicks!

No you don’t need to worry. Different sized birds drink different amounts of water so that’s how they each get their correct dosage! Age doesn’t matter either, the dosage is the same for chicks!
I just want to thank y'all for helping us new chix parents! I was totally confused with the Corid dosage, the instructions on the bottle was not helpful at all. And the place we got the chicks said to follow the instructions on the bottle??!! My chick is all better now, thanks to y'all.

Back
Top Bottom