Corid for duckling?

Nuggetanddaffy

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2024
My baby duckling (week old) has a respiratory infection. I’m doing everything possible to save my baby (nugget) and was told by two different people to give her corid. I have bought the corid for her but am hesitant to give it to her considering Google is having mixed reviews on whether or not this is something I should give to ducks. Advice on this PLEASE? I’m desperate!! I don’t want to lose this baby!! And if it is safe what dosage etc should I give to a week old duckling?

Welcome to BYC. Corid can be given to ducklings if they have coccidiosis, but it will not treat a respiratory infection.

Questions for you:
  1. Where do you live?
  2. Do you have a food scale that you can weigh the duckling on? If not, can you get one?

Mississippi. And yes I can get one!! And in that case, what could I get as an antibiotic over the counter to treat a respiratory infection (the only place anywhere near me to get this stuff is tractor supply) and i have called every vet near me and none of them will take ducklings!! And considering it’s a weekend they’re all closed anyways :((

Mississippi. And yes I can get one!! And in that case, what could I get as an antibiotic over the counter to treat a respiratory infection (the only place anywhere near me to get this stuff is tractor supply) and i have called every vet near me and none of them will take ducklings!! And considering it’s a weekend they’re all closed anyways :((
Does your Tractor Supply sell Tylan 50 without a prescription?
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/elanco-tylan-50-injection-100-ml

Baytril is what most of us keep on hand. But, I had to order it from a bird supply place. It would take a couple of days. I am in the Memphis area and willing to share if you are in north MS?
Baytril is what I would use, but as you said, it has to be ordered. How nice of you to offer to share yours. I hope you two are close enough to make it work. :hugs

Mississippi. And yes I can get one!! And in that case, what could I get as an antibiotic over the counter to treat a respiratory infection (the only place anywhere near me to get this stuff is tractor supply) and i have called every vet near me and none of them will take ducklings!! And considering it’s a weekend they’re all closed anyways :(
Baytril is what most of us keep on hand. But, I had to order it from a bird supply place. It would take a couple of days. I am in the Memphis area and willing to share if you are in north MS?
This is the sweetest thing ever!! Thank you so much!! Unfortunately I am on the coast:( but thank you for this offer anyways!!

Back
Top Bottom