Corid Shelf Life

ldrchickens

Songster
Jul 1, 2018
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
I purchased some corid last year around June or July. I cannot find an expiration date or best if used by date on the bottle and not much info online. Is it still good? I have kept it at room temp. Is it safe to use? Thanks!

The expiration on mine was not in the little white box on the label where they claim it would be. My "expiration" area is just a blank white rectangle.

Mine was actually stamped like on a milk carton or carton of eggs on the neck of the bottle. I have seen it on the lid before as well. So look around. It is there most likely.

The expiration on mine was not in the little white box on the label where they claim it would be. My "expiration" area is just a blank white rectangle.

Mine was actually stamped like on a milk carton or carton of eggs on the neck of the bottle. I have seen it on the lid before as well. So look around. It is there most likely.
I looked on the box and on the bottle. It is no where to be found! Maybe mine got missed! unless i am blind lol

Thanks! Is corid one of those it can be deadly or just not effective if it is expired?

It is just a vitamin b/thiamine analog, in a form that the body is tricked into thinking is the b vitamin/thiamine. The baddies use it thinking it is thiamine (which they need), and don't reproduce due to it not actually being what they think it is. So if it is expired and doesn't work/is not effective, that is not in itself a bad thing for the bird......I mean....other than it not being effective and that possibly causing issues due to it not working.

It is like you taking an old aspirin that doesn't relieve the headache. So the root issue isn't fixed, but you aren't hurt any worse or in an new way from taking the old meds. You are just still sitting there with a headache.

Back
Top Bottom