Corid, sulfa, wazine, valbazen help!

Worms might cause that, but I think coccidiosis or enteritis is more likely to.
So give corid again? I know I can’t give vitamins with it right? And enteritis what can I give for that. Gave bird sulfa already. I’ve been using corid for 2 months. Do they become immune haha bc this girl has had it over and over

The large roundworms are the root cause of ALL the problems your birds were showing. Their feces is toxic to birds. The wazine flushed the worms out. Provide Probios powder in the feed or buttermilk mixed in their feed for a several days and they'll be back to normal in no time. I prefer buttermilk, it's cheaper than Probios.
Worm eggs are in and on your soil now and will be picked up by your birds. I recommend
worming your birds monthly with the valbazen to break the worms lifecycle.

I've seen you recommend monthly deworming numerous times; can I ask how you account for the egg withdrawal period? Can Valbazen be dosed repeatedly without resistance buildup?

Some strains of coccidia are resistant to it. Refresh my memory... How much does she weigh and do you have the liquid or powdered Corid?
2.6lbs I have the liquid corid. If I give corid I’ll have to stop the probiotic/vitamin mix. I gave valbazen yesterday. I feel like it was a bad worm load that went on for at least a month. Only the 2 I bought together had symptoms. I wonder if they got it before I had them. Seems odd no one else is sick.

4EFEAC29-0E7B-4A2E-A5B5-79E7A2818A62.jpeg
1546DCC5-B9FA-4180-A2C7-87BF5C835E22.jpeg

Current poop and situation. She’s squawking like. What are you doing to me? 98% sure the blood this am was hers because of where she roosted last night

I've been experimenting a little with mine and have been giving larger doses of the Corid. I don't know if it helps or not, but it doesn't seem to hurt them either. Since it's possible that you have a nasty strain of coccidiosis you might want to consider getting some Baycox Toltrazuril)
https://uspigeons.mercasystems.com/index.php/bayer-baycox-pigeons-birds-products.html
Is it normal to have bad bloody poop then normal poop? My medicine cabinet will be full soon! I have baytril? I bought that just to stock my box. And I have the fish zole tabs and bird sulfa. Any of those work instead haha. This is getting crazy!

If she has enteritis the Fish-Zole might help. When you gave the Corid, did you give it orally? If so, how much did you give?

Back
Top Bottom