Corid, sulfa, wazine, valbazen help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Jjdesmo11, Oct 23, 2018.

1. casportpony

casportpony Enlightened

Worms might cause that, but I think coccidiosis or enteritis is more likely to.

Eggcessive likes this.
  2. Jjdesmo11

Jjdesmo11 Songster

Jun 1, 2017
    Tennessee
    So give corid again? I know I can’t give vitamins with it right? And enteritis what can I give for that. Gave bird sulfa already. I’ve been using corid for 2 months. Do they become immune haha bc this girl has had it over and over

casportpony likes this.
  3. casportpony

casportpony Enlightened

Some strains of coccidia are resistant to it. Refresh my memory... How much does she weigh and do you have the liquid or powdered Corid?

TropicalBabies likes this.
  4. FunOnABun

FunOnABun Songster

I've seen you recommend monthly deworming numerous times; can I ask how you account for the egg withdrawal period? Can Valbazen be dosed repeatedly without resistance buildup?

rebrascora and TropicalBabies like this.
  5. Jjdesmo11

Jjdesmo11 Songster

Jun 1, 2017
    Tennessee
    2.6lbs I have the liquid corid. If I give corid I’ll have to stop the probiotic/vitamin mix. I gave valbazen yesterday. I feel like it was a bad worm load that went on for at least a month. Only the 2 I bought together had symptoms. I wonder if they got it before I had them. Seems odd no one else is sick.

casportpony likes this.
  6. casportpony

casportpony Enlightened

TropicalBabies likes this.
  7. Jjdesmo11

Jjdesmo11 Songster

Jun 1, 2017
    Tennessee
    4EFEAC29-0E7B-4A2E-A5B5-79E7A2818A62.jpeg 1546DCC5-B9FA-4180-A2C7-87BF5C835E22.jpeg
    Current poop and situation. She’s squawking like. What are you doing to me? 98% sure the blood this am was hers because of where she roosted last night

8. Jjdesmo11

Jjdesmo11 Songster

Jun 1, 2017
    Tennessee
    Is it normal to have bad bloody poop then normal poop? My medicine cabinet will be full soon! I have baytril? I bought that just to stock my box. And I have the fish zole tabs and bird sulfa. Any of those work instead haha. This is getting crazy!

casportpony likes this.
  9. casportpony

casportpony Enlightened

If she has enteritis the Fish-Zole might help. When you gave the Corid, did you give it orally? If so, how much did you give?

10. Jjdesmo11

Jjdesmo11 Songster

Jun 1, 2017
    Tennessee
    Yes orally every time for 5 days. I think it was approximately 0.2ml

casportpony likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: