Corid, Sulmet Need it now and can't find anywhere!!

PoultryPam

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 16, 2010
Alamance County North Carolina
Does anyone know where I can find these drugs or something similar for Cocci? 3 dead babies already and I don't want to lose more. I went to TSC, they didn't have it. They did have Sulmet tablets but they were big and hard and very expensive, Farm services didn't have it neither did Southern States. I don't know what to do now, If I order online I could lose all the babies before it gets here. Is there another medication I could use that may be more available? Would a vet have Corid? Sould I get them off the coop floor and onto wire? These are all hatchery chicks and have been very healthy and active up until now. They are 3 weeks and some 4 weeks old. The only meds I had were Duramyacin. I mixed up some of that but everything I've read says that won't work. Please give me any feed back I'm desperate here!! Thanks

Mix their chick starter half and half with dried milk powder. That you can find and will get you by. It usually halts the death rate, and often turns most around.

Sulmet is harder to get now it seems. It has long term effects and not favoured by many for calves so the supply is not there. Poultry was a very small market for it so just not worth stocking. Go to a livestock vet and ask for a cocci med, they may make you bring in a stool sample to confirm what you have.

I have bought SelMet from a pet supply store not a pet store. Also try your feed mills they will have or order most anything you need. Good luck.

I don't know where you are in Alamance county, but if you can't find any, I will share some of mine with you. I live in SW Wake County(Apex). I couldn't find it locally either. I had to order it online. I bought it as a precaution before my chicks arrived just in-case I need it. If they are already dying, you do need to get them started on it ASAP. Just PM me if you are interested. I will be checking my PM throughout the afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom