Corid

Annaafranqueza

Songster
Jun 30, 2019
will corid null a coccidiosis vaccine? I always give my other chickens corid as a preventative since I’ve dealt with coccidiosis in the past. I just got 15 new chicks who have been given the vaccine. When I integrate the old and new flock they’ll be sharing the water with corid in it.

Yes Corid or amprollium will nullify a coccidiosis vaccine. Why do you need to keep Corid in the water continuosly? Maybe more details of how many chicks and their ages would be good to know.

Yes Corid or amprollium will nullify a coccidiosis vaccine. Why do you need to keep Corid in the water continuosly? Maybe more details of how many chicks and their ages would be good to know.
All of my chickens are around 7 months, chicks are still in brooder. Most of the local farmers in my area always use corid as a preventative and told me to after losing 5 birds over the last 5 months from it.

Seven month old chickens should not need Corid, and should have built up immunity to coccidia. Usually one uses it as a preventative for 5 days every so many weeks in young chicks. With baby chicks, I usually expose them to a piece of sod in their brooder from the beginning to gradually expose them to coccidia in the soil. That gradual exposure can help them to build upresistance. Some people use medicated feed with small amount of amprollium for chicks to help them build up immunity. Of course, you can get chicks who are not vaccinated, but if they are, giving the amprollium (Corid) will nullify it.

Seven month old chickens should not need Corid, and should have built up immunity to coccidia. Usually one uses it as a preventative for 5 days every so many weeks in young chicks. With baby chicks, I usually expose them to a piece of sod in their brooder from the beginning to gradually expose them to coccidia in the soil. That gradual exposure can help them to build upresistance. Some people use medicated feed with small amount of amprollium for chicks to help them build up immunity. Of course, you can get chicks who are not vaccinated, but if they are, giving the amprollium (Corid) will nullify it.
I didn’t start doing it until about a month ago. I also had read that by 7 months they should have built up to immunity of it but i had one die a few weeks ago and had it tested at a lab and came back positive for it. I keep their coops clean and never put food on the floor, and also dont have any neighbors with chickens who I would of cross contaminated my clothes with.

Back
Top Bottom