1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Corids not working!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by briarpatchfarms, Jan 1, 2010.

1. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    I have 2 Cochin chicks that are 6 weeks old and seem very week to the point of death! there legs are stiff and wont eat or drink! They have had feed and water in with them all the time. I dont know whats going on! What can I do? I was looking and they have no meat on them they are skin and bones! just founded them like this today! I feed purina FR and CS 50/50. I have notice a little blood just yesterday in droppings!

Update: I need to know the dossage to the 9.6% Corid to a gallon of water!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  2. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    im not real experienced but maybe if you give more detail...what do you feed them,how long have they been like this,what was happening before they got this bad?i hope someone can help you.good luck [​IMG]

3. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    I just lost my littlle Cockerel! [​IMG] I talked to one of my friends and she said it could be coccidiosis

4. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    It sounds like it may be...I am sorry for your loss![​IMG]

5. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Quote:were they outside?was there any blood in their poo?fluffed up?i just lost one today from what i dont know.they say sometimes it just happens.im sorry for both our losses.[​IMG]

6. Ms~Silkie~Girl

Ms~Silkie~Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    New York STATE
    im so sorry [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

it does sound like coccidiosis

[​IMG]((

Did they ever get coccidiosiss shots when they were chicks?

7. pkeeler

pkeeler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Shamong
    Do you only have the two chicks? Sounds like cocchidosis, but hard to believe two chicks would create enough dung. Why do you feed 50/50? Did you show them how to drink water?

8. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    These chicks are 6 weeks old and Im switching them over to Flock Raiser only! I have 4 cochins and 40 or so silkies!

9. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    I lost my other pullet this morning!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by