Corids not working!!!

briarpatchfarms

Songster
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Grayson, Ky
I have 2 Cochin chicks that are 6 weeks old and seem very week to the point of death! there legs are stiff and wont eat or drink! They have had feed and water in with them all the time. I dont know whats going on! What can I do? I was looking and they have no meat on them they are skin and bones! just founded them like this today! I feed purina FR and CS 50/50. I have notice a little blood just yesterday in droppings!

Update: I need to know the dossage to the 9.6% Corid to a gallon of water!

Last edited:
im not real experienced but maybe if you give more detail...what do you feed them,how long have they been like this,what was happening before they got this bad?i hope someone can help you.good luck
fl.gif

Quote:
were they outside?was there any blood in their poo?fluffed up?i just lost one today from what i dont know.they say sometimes it just happens.im sorry for both our losses.
hit.gif

You need to get some sulmet and put it in their water. You can buy this at Tractor Supply and most feed stores carry it. Cocci will kill them quickly--make sure their bottoms are clean as well. Good luck and SO sorry!!
sad.png

Do you only have the two chicks? Sounds like cocchidosis, but hard to believe two chicks would create enough dung. Why do you feed 50/50? Did you show them how to drink water?

Back
Top Bottom