Corn for chicks

I have 3, 4 week old chicks. They enjoy the bit of corn I give them, and the end pieces of the loaves of bread.
I gave a them a little bit of the corn and it was so cute to see them grab a peice and then all the other chicks would chase that chicks to get the peice of corn. Like she had a bug.

I was just afraid to give them treats too early. I have been dying to try different foods.

I gave a them a little bit of the corn and it was so cute to see them grab a peice and then all the other chicks would chase that chicks to get the peice of corn. Like she had a bug.

I was just afraid to give them treats too early. I have been dying to try different foods.
It is fun to watch them when ya give them something new. I've had some hide from a bit of food before.

I love giving them something new.... I was nervous at first, but then, mamma hens teach them to eat all kinds of things - straight out of the shell! So, what I give them can't be any worse!

- Mine love small curd cottage cheese (just a little) and apples (halved and cored)
Oh, and mealworms!! - Piranhas! - I call it the "grab and run" maneuver! But, you can't stop to eat it, you have to eat it while running and dodging everyone else
lol.png

I love giving them something new.... I was nervous at first, but then, mamma hens teach them to eat all kinds of things - straight out of the shell! So, what I give them can't be any worse!

- Mine love small curd cottage cheese (just a little) and apples (halved and cored)
Oh, and mealworms!! - Piranhas! - I call it the "grab and run" maneuver! But, you can't stop to eat it, you have to eat it while running and dodging everyone else
lol.png
They loved the corn. Tonight I found a few worms and they went nuts.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom