corn for fodder.

Well usually barley or wheat is the most common fodder but if it sprouts you should be able to grow it as fodder. It may require a longer soak time because it is such a large seed. I say go for it! Start with a small amount maybe 1/2 cup and soak for 12 hours. You should to start to see something emerge from the seed 8 to 12 hours after you remove the seeds from the soak. If you don't see anything try soaking another batch for a longer period.
Let me know how it works out for you.

Ok, and then how much and how often do I water it, or does the seed soak up enough water to sustain itself?

You need to rinse it twice a day with cool not cold water, just plain water. Sprouts do not need fertilizer. I put mine in the sink and fill the container then let it drain through several small holes I drilled in one end of the container. If I am running late I sometimes just mist them with a spray bottle but only once a day. They need the film rinsed off that is created with the sprouting process or you will get fungus or mold. I will add a few Picts later tonight. I've had so many questions I am making a PowerPoint and will post it on my FB page tonight or tomorrow. fintucky farms future homestead or Tri-city hydroponic gardeners.

Last edited:

Outstanding job on your presentation. Downloaded it.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom