Corn FREE Feed and Soy FREE Feed (STARTER?)

2097.jpeg
Do you ferment the feed? Do they tend to pick the ingredients they ant out of that feed and leave others behind? I've been looking for NCO corn-free around here for months to no avail. I'm not paying $21 for shipping from them so I've been holding off.

we have heathens, they eat all the grain and all the treats, have you tried the New Country Organics? what I love is that they are all soy free - forgive me if I missed where you live? have you checked out the website?
I haven't tried it yet although I've been in contact with reps there trying to find places near me that could sell it. I've used Green Mountain Feeds soy starter as a ferment with b. subtilis added for vitamin K2 and dry soy-free pellets on the side. I wanted to get them over to more of a real food like NCO though. I think I may try some sprouting as well for some winter greens.

the soy is what bothers me because its genetically modified - most in the US is and has the glyphosphate in it - where do you live - we're in Southern Westchester and my daughter is in Danbury CT with the chickens - we buy from Bennie's feed barn

the soy is what bothers me because its genetically modified - most in the US is and has the glyphosphate in it - where do you live - we're in Southern Westchester and my daughter is in Danbury CT with the chickens - we buy from Bennie's feed barn
I forgot to tell you I'm in central NH. There's a few places closer to the ME border that sell NCO, but they don't have the corn free. They're resellers so they could get it for me, but it's a bit too much of a haul for me going that far east just for feed. The only soy free near me is from Green Mountain.

I actually don't see too much corn in the NCO and mine have no problems with it. The feeder I have is great because the depth has three adjustments, so there is much much less spillage and no digging at all. I have the one in the pic on the 2nd setting. I noticed in Bennies there was a great scratch from NH that was organic and non GMO with corn and millet which I bought as a night treat for the girls. It's so hard to get good prices on the NCO, that it makes you want to be a distributor if you can.

I have been using New Country Organics soy free and corn free. I think they carry a wheat free one but they have to have something in there so I'm pretty sure it has corn instead of the wheat.

Back
Top Bottom