corn on the cob?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Morgan7782, May 29, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Just had dinner I wanted to see if the chickens would enjoy the leftover corn on the cob. Not giving a lot, but wanted to see if this was ok in moderation? They are outside full time and get grit daily. Any input thanks!

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  2. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    They'll love it. Tomorrow you can just pick up the cobs and compost them or whatever you normally do with them. Mine LOVE corn on the cob.

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Thanks! I just gave them the cob and they went NUTS! I have to tell you, these chickens are PICKY PICKY eaters. they don't like bread, veggies (except corn appearently), fruit, or much anything else so I am glad I tried this [​IMG] they also LOVE this BOSS I got today, so glad I tried these things I was beginning to think I didn't have chickens but I had aliens!

4. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Mine love old mangos and corn on the cob. Its hilarious watching them go after it!

5. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I have a hen that tries to fly up to grab the cobs.

6. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] My chickens love corn cobs! They pick & peck at them , especially those we humans have eaten from. They dig deep on the cob and get the tiny bits that we cannot reach.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by