Corn on the cob?

So..here's a question. I had some corn plants blow over in a storm and don't feel like staking them up. Can I give them the entire plant...stalk, leaves, cobs and all?

Yes you can. I have corn plants. I give them the leaves that have snapped off the stalk. They love it. I only give them ones that are still green. I've noticed that the chickens don't have much to do with the leaves once they turn brown. Mine won't do much with the stalk itself but they'll pick at it and I figure I'll provide it as long as they'll pick. I put on the compost pile whatever they don't eat but I like to give them first shot.

So glad I found this thread. I have 4 gallon ziploc bags of corn on cob that I froze last summer and forgot were in the freezer. So I think I will drop some into a pot of boiling water and let the girls have at it! At 7 weeks old it is so fun to watch them discover a new treat.

My ducklings as well as chicks love the corn

I even went as far to cut some off and offer it in a bowl

Since I can get corn on the cob for 6 for a buck, the chicks are going to get their first taste. I love 4th of July!

Momma and the little ones love fresh corn on the cob. I have corn in the garden that has gotten too starchy and normally I'd let it dry and grind it but the birds are loving it too much. The four of them can strip a cob in 20 minutes.

i put a cob in the & they didn't even care...i'm going to try another one but attach it to a sting & see if the will eat then. they just walked on the first one like it was a log

Mine love corn on the cob. They also love cabbage I put hook Luke you hand a plant on screwed into the core and hang the head of cabbage down and the love it.

Back
Top Bottom