1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cornell Atlas of Avian Diseases

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jbobs, Apr 27, 2012.

1. jbobs

jbobs Chillin' With My Peeps

http://partnersah.vet.cornell.edu/avian-atlas/

Just wanted to share this link with those who havn't been on it. I find this a really valuable resource for doing research and looking up clinical signs of illness in poultry. Anyone else use this?

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    Excellent link! I HAVE used the Cornell Lab's website before, trying to decipher certain mystery diseases. Many of the illness descriptions have pics, which can make all the difference in determining if this is what you are dealing with. Thanks for posting it!

I also use this one a lot...

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/toc_200000.htm

Between the two, I can not only help out my birds, but learn something along the way.

Great post Jbobs!

3. jbobs

Yeah MerckVet is great too. I also use the Compendium of Veterinary Products a lot to look up what drugs to use and dosages etc, but I think you have to be a vet or vet tech to have access to it - I've tried sending links from it before to friends and it won't let them access it.

4. camchick

camchick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    Great links guys. I keep a random mix of birds so illness is always a worry.

5. mossypath

mossypath Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2012
    ohio
    Don’t you think this should be placed in the Notable Archives & Important / Frequently Requested Topics at the heading of Quails?

6. camchick

camchick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    Definately!!:)

7. jbobs

Might be an idea. It's very helpful for alerting people to very important and potentially catastrophic diseases - some of them which are reportable.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by