Cornish cross my huge egg laying hen!

Definitely not a CX. Where did you get her?
Aww what is she? I bought them as Cornish cross eggs and hatched them on my incubator. She is 17 weeks and weighs 8 pounds. I also have this one in the picture from the same eggs, can you also tell what she is please? She has a splash pattern to her

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    807.4 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    898.3 KB · Views: 16
Aww what is she? I bought them as Cornish cross eggs and hatched them on my incubator. She is 17 weeks and weighs 8 pounds. I also have this one in the picture from the same eggs, can you also tell what she is please? She has a splash pattern to her
Interesting! They are both mixed breeds, possibly containing CX. The second one looks like she may be directly bred from a Cornish.

One thing is certain, even if they had two CX, they won't breed true. As a general rule of thumb, the male CX has difficulty mating with other birds. I don't know of anyone who produces CX who will sell hatching eggs. That said, I do know folks who have successfully mated the CX hen with another large breed and produced a nice sized meat bird.

Hello. Anyone every hatched eggs from a Cornish cross? How did the chicks look??? I have a HUGE Cornish cross hen that started laying eggs 2 weeks ago. She is 16 lbs! After her first egg, I paired her up with my 8.5 lb Thai gamefowl. Her 3rd egg laid was fertile. I currently have 7 of her eggs in the incubator. Today I switched in my blue wheaten Malay rooster. I hope to get fertile eggs from them in a couple/few weeks. I have no idea how long she will live and keep laying. So far she seems very healthy. I can’t wait to see how the chicks will end up. She is laying 5 eggs a week so far. No pullet eggs here! Her eggs are freakishly huge.
View attachment 2624197View attachment 2624199View attachment 2624202View attachment 2624203
Last picture here she is next to a novagen laying hen. She is an absolute hulk of a hen.
Hey did you hatch any of those eggs? I’m curious because we now have three Cornish cross hens laying huge eggs ( single yolks) they are off white eggs which is odd because the white plymouth rock lays brown and the Cornish lays brown so how did we get these crosses that lay white? I believe A Leghorn has gotta be mixed in.

Hello. Anyone every hatched eggs from a Cornish cross? How did the chicks look??? I have a HUGE Cornish cross hen that started laying eggs 2 weeks ago. She is 16 lbs! After her first egg, I paired her up with my 8.5 lb Thai gamefowl. Her 3rd egg laid was fertile. I currently have 7 of her eggs in the incubator. Today I switched in my blue wheaten Malay rooster. I hope to get fertile eggs from them in a couple/few weeks. I have no idea how long she will live and keep laying. So far she seems very healthy. I can’t wait to see how the chicks will end up. She is laying 5 eggs a week so far. No pullet eggs here! Her eggs are freakishly huge.
View attachment 2624197View attachment 2624199View attachment 2624202View attachment 2624203
Last picture here she is next to a novagen laying hen. She is an absolute hulk of a hen.
did your chickes ever hatch? we have 3 CC girls here 4 months old and wanted to try to breed them to my leghorn
let me know

Back
Top Bottom