Cornish Thread

My LF Dark Cornish hens lay in the range of medium to large eggs. 52.5gm(1.85oz) to 60.2gm.(2.12oz) Large eggs are 2.0 ounces.

Weights below are per dozen.

• Small: 18 ounces (about 1.5 ounce per egg)
  • Medium: 21 ounces (about 1.75 ounce per egg)
  • Large: 24 ounces (about 2 ounces per egg)
  • Extra-Large: 27 ounces (about 2.25 ounces per egg)
  • Jumbo: 30 ounces (about 2.5 ounces per egg)
I haven't found the egg shape to be perfectly round.

I will be selling eggs for the first time next year. I got my NPIP and AI certification last month. I just need to see all the rules for shipping into Texas. I would love to send some eggs your way.

This is a lavender BamBam daughter "Lavenia".
The eggs produced by this pairing of BamBam and my Cornish Roaster hen "Betty" have a sexlink thing going on. The pullets are born white with black body spots and the Cockerels are born white. The Pullets will either stay white with black splashes or turn lavender, Cockerels stay white and have red speckled backs and wings. Both peacomb and straight combs.
pullet
pullet
Cockerels
Cockerels
This is Bam's best Cockerel son "Bob" hatched 8/20/15. 4 weeks and a little over 3 pounds. He weights 9 pounds this weekend at 15.5 weeks
Bob a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
I will be selling eggs for the first time next year. I got my NPIP and AI certification last month. I just need to see all the rules for shipping into Texas. I would love to send some eggs your way.

This is a lavender BamBam daughter "Lavenia".
The eggs produced by this pairing of BamBam and my Cornish Roaster hen "Betty" have a sexlink thing going on. The pullets are born white with black body spots and the Roos are born white. The Pullets will either stay white with black splashes or turn lavender, Roos stay white and have red speckled backs and wings. Both peacomb and straight combs.
pullet
pullet
Roos
Roo
This is Bam's best Roo son "Bob" hatched 8/20/15. 4 weeks and a little over 3 pounds. He weights 9 pounds this weekend at 15.5 weeks
Bob a few weeks ago.

Very interesting birds.

Back
Top Bottom